Stricter protection measures are in effect from November 11th, 2020 (Wednesday) 00:00, and are valid for 30 days according to the government decree.
- Curfew: Between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. everyone has to be at home or their accommodation. Those who do not follow this rule can be fined in the amount between HUF 5000 and HUF 500 000. Exceptions:
- When someone goes to work or goes home from work
- Such cases that can cause health damage or is life-threatening and can cause serious damage
- Training for a professional athlete; going to or coming from the training
- Dog walking in the distance of maximum 500 metre from home
- Rules for wearing mask; obligation for people over the age of 6:
- On public transportation and at their stops
- In stores, shopping centres during shopping and working
- In archives, support service offices, post offices and in every space where consultations with clients are held
At the cities with more than 10 000 people, specific details for mandatory mask wearing are determined by the mayor. In Miskolc City with County Rights, mask must be worn everywhere except for in parks, green areas and during sports training.
- Restaurants are not allowed to welcome guests; customers are allowed to stay there solely until they pick up their chosen food.
- Stores can stay open until 7 p.m., except for petrol stations and pharmacies.
- Services such as hairdressing, massage etc. can be carried out by following the rules of the curfew.
- Hotels are not allowed to welcome guests, except for those guests who travel due to business or economic purposes.
- Events are not allowed to be held, especially concerts, cultural and sports events, Christmas fairs.
- Sports events are allowed to be held behind closed doors; individual training is allowed.
- Religious communities are allowed to hold their rituals by following the epidemiological rules (keeping distance, wearing mask).
- Leisure facilities are closed: swimming pools, theatres, cinemas, zoos, gyms, museums etc.
- When it comes to recreational options, only casinos are allowed to stay open.
- Individual training at public sports grounds or public spaces is allowed, e.g. running, riding bike, but team sports are not allowed.
- Nurseries, kindergartens and primary schools until 8th grade operate without any change. The director of the facility determines the protection measures.
- Digital education is introduced for those who are in 9th grade or above, and in universities. The dorms of higher education establishments are closed.
- Family events are allowed to be held as long as there are maximum 10 members.
- Maximum 50 people can attend a funeral.
- Weddings are allowed to be held as long as it is not followed by a reception. Only the wedding ceremony leader, those who wed, the witnesses, parents, grandparents, the siblings and children of those who wed are allowed to attend the wedding. Other guests such as photographer, videographer are not allowed. Wedding ceremony is allowed to be held solely at city hall (other places are not allowed).
Those who do not follow these rules can be fined in the amount between HUF 5000 and HUF 500 000 by the police. One person can be fined more than once on one day. The fine must be paid within 15 days. An appeal may not be entered against the decision.
There are different amounts of fine for stores. They can even be closed for one year, or can be fined in the amount of HUF 1 000 000.
Local measures in Miskolc:
- Work is carried out in municipal facilities and elder care facilities by being closely monitored.
- Markets are open, but mask has to be worn and distance must be kept.
- Those parents who would like to keep their children at home as a precautionary measure can require that from the director of the kindergartens.
- Every municipal event is suspended, postponed.
- The following local institutions are closed and not allowed to welcome visitors:
- Miskolc Zoo
- Cave Bath at Miskolctapolca
- Miskolctapolca Bath
- Selyemrét Bath
- Kemény Dénes Municipal Swimming Pool
- Diósgyőr Bath for Education
- The support service office of Miskolc Holding Zrt. at 5 Szemere Bertalan Street operates, however strict epidemiological measures must be followed during administration processes: mask wearing and distance keeping.
- The opening hours of the office for the waste management public service company, the BMH Nonprofit Kft. at 53 József Attila Street, Miskolc are modified from November 10th as follows: from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. (Monday, Thursday, Friday), from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. (Wednesday), from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. (Friday), closed (Tuesday).
- The support service office of the Mayor’s Office is open at 8 Városház Square (their other offices in the city are closed). However, from November 16th, clients will have to book an appointment in advance via phone or online for the central support service office.
- The Municipality of Miskolc City with County Rights decided to decrease the rental fee with 50% for those stores that operate in municipal properties and the opening hours of which are restricted, in order to ease the burden of traders, entrepreneurs.
- The benefit is valid until the period of these strict measures, which is currently 30 days.
- Parking is free at public parking spaces (from November 4th), but only those parking spaces are free that are maintained by the municipality, private parking spaces are not.
- According to governmental measures, the schedules for the local public transportation must be increased. MVK Zrt. carried out these measures for the peak periods of the morning and the afternoon also and introduced the new schedules from November 9th. The up-to-date schedules can be found on the website of mvkzrt.hu.
- The Municipality decided that the running track of the Miskolc Athletic Centre is free until the end of the state of emergency. Locals can use the tartan track and the track path of 5-6-7-8 free from 6:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. From 6:30 p.m. the track is open for locals again, but only until 7:30 p.m. due to the curfew.