Sights

Miskolc - légifotó

Under the menu item Sights you can get useful information about the sights of the city.

mind |
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | K | L | M | N | O | P | R | S | T | V | W

Relief of Kelemen Didák

The bronze relief of Kelemen Didák (1683-1744) sacrificer, provincial, the work of Sándor Tóth, was exposed on 14th August 1988 on the wall of the Minorite Church, beside the main entrance.

read more»: Relief of Kelemen Didák

Relief of Lőrinc Szabó

The primary school built in the neighbourhood of the one-time birth-place of Lőrinc Szabó took up the name of the poet on 31st March 1992. The relief, a masterpiece of sculptor Péter Szanyi, was inaugurated at the main entrance of the school.

read more»: Relief of Lőrinc Szabó

Roman Catholic Church (name of Virgin Mary)

The church consecrated to the honour of the name of Virgin Mary is of medieval, Gothic origin, but its today’s form is baroque, this rebuilding took place in 1753. Also its furnishing is baroque, but they keep a carved wooden statue of Virgin Mary from the 15th century, representing high value.

read more»: Roman Catholic Church (name of Virgin Mary)

Roman Catholic Parish House

Roman Catholic Parish House

The one-storey Parish House standing independently in the street line, north from Mindszent Church was erected in 1778 at the cost of the treasury. The originally single-floor building of oblong layout, today one-floor high, covered with kipped saddle roof was extended at the end of the 19th century.

read more»: Roman Catholic Parish House

Ruines of the Pauline Cloister at Szentlélek

Ruines of the Pauline Cloister at Szentlélek

The Pauline cloister at Szentlélek was built around 1340. Only fragments can be seen today from the Gothic walls, nevertheless the remaining high wall sections offer a grand scene in the heart of the forest.

read more»: Ruines of the Pauline Cloister at Szentlélek

Ruins of the Cloister of the Pauline order

Ruins of the Cloister of the Pauline order

The outbuilding of the Pauline order was built on the ruins of the medieval cloister in the 18th century in baroque style; in the second half of the 19th century classicistic features were also added. The explored basic walls of the cloister are visible besides the forestry building of Majláth.

read more»: Ruins of the Cloister of the Pauline order

St. Stephen Dripstone Cave

St. Stephen Dripstone Cave located in Lillafüred is the empire of dripstones of special shapes. The total length of its passages reaches 1,043 metres, out of which visitors can access a section of 170 metres.

read more»: St. Stephen Dripstone Cave

State Forest Railways of Lillafüred

State Forest Railways of Lillafüred

The narrow gauge forest train runs 14 km long from North Kilián district via Lillafüred until Garadna.

read more»: State Forest Railways of Lillafüred

Statue of Actress Déryné

Statue of Actress Déryné

The statue of Déryné, Róza Széppataki (1793-1872), the legendary actress, - who lived from 1867 until her pass away in Miskolc – was erected in front of the stage door of the theatre. The full-length portrait is the masterpiece of Erzsébet Schaár.

read more»: Statue of Actress Déryné

Statue of Attila József

Statue of Attila József

Attila József wrote his poem „Ode”, considered being one of the greatest love poems of Hungarian poetry in 1933 in Lillafüred, during the writers’ meeting.

read more»: Statue of Attila József