Music Palace

Music Palace

The music school of the city was erected between 1926 and 1927 on basis of the designs of Gyula Wälder. The concert hall established therein safeguards also today its magnificent frescos and gilded stuccos.

Also at present musical education is carried out among its walls.
The neo-baroque building declared to be monument in 2009 and renewed in 2011 is more attractive, than as it was when new. The music school originally bearing the name of Jenő Hubay violinist could move to the building designed by Gyula Wälder in 1927.

As the concert hall and its organ have excellent acoustics, the Music Palace is regular site of concerts and other events. Currently it houses the Béla Bartók Music Institute of the University of Miskolc.

Elérhetőség: 

Music Palace

Telephone: 
(+36) 46/412-807
Fax: 
(+36) 46/412-768
Location: 
Bartók tér 1.
Miskolc
Javascript is required to view this map.

read more»: Music Palace