Inner city Reformed Church („Rooster Church”)

Inner city Reformed Church (Kakas-templom „Rooster Church”)

The church of late baroque style was erected between 1786 and 1808, its 68 metre high tower is the highest in the diocese, the Eszter Bell weighing about 30 quintals (53 Viennese quintals) is the largest bell of the city.

The church was built by Károly Rábel, the helm roof is the work of Ferenc Wieser. The pulpit and the Moses-tribune were made in empire style. In the ground floor at the end of the benches Luther roses were carved.

The late baroque classicising building of the Inner City Reformed Church was built between 1786 and 1808. Its richly ornamented tower covered by helm roof kept on the level of the façade was erected in 1865. Its benches and guilt, carved pulpit in Braid style as well as its organ were made also in period style.

Its dignified, one-naved interior is whitewashed and moderately jointed. At the entrance side a three-levelled loft can be found with three arcade openings on each level. On the north and west side lofts of similar wall structure were built.

The premises of the Tiszáninnen Reformed Diocese were built in the 1980s next to the church. The church is the region’s largest reformed church.

Elérhetőség: 

Inner city Reformed Church (Kakas-templom „Rooster Church”)

Telephone: 
(+36) 46/346-907
Location: 
Kossuth Lajos utca 17.
Miskolc
Javascript is required to view this map.

read more»: Inner city Reformed Church (Kakas-templom „Rooster Church”)